Personal Injury Law Firm
Our firm is routinely ranked as one of the top
Illinois law firms, and our attorneys have
the experience to protect your interests and
help you seek fair compensation for your
injuries or the loss of a loved one.
Experienced Legal Representation
Our personal injury law firm is routinely ranked as one of the top Illinois law firms, and we have been included on U.S. News & World Report’s list of Best Law Firms.
Our personal injury attorneys have the experience to protect your interests and help you seek fair compensation for your injuries or the loss of a loved one. We concentrate on complex personal injury litigation, including cases of trucking accidents, wrongful death, medical malpractice, aviation litigation, product liability, premises negligence, and transportation liability. We also handle whistleblower and commercial litigation cases.
"One of the 50 Elite Firms in the Country." -The National Law Journal
We have recovered over $3 billion for our clients. With over 35 years of experience, we know how to address your case as efficiently as possible and how to maximize the compensation you receive.
Three men were severely burned in a grain elevator explosion at work. It was the 11th highest verdict in the nation that year.
A record verdict on behalf of a baby who sustained brain damage at birth at West Suburban Medical Center in Oak Park.
Clifford Law Offices represented several adults and minor passengers that were injured, and one wrongful death, aboard a speeding Amtrak Train 501 that derailed outside DuPont, Washington.
Eight young, female acrobats sustained severe, life-altering injuries during an aerial performance with Barnum & Bailey Circus.
Illinois Truck Accident Lawyers
More than 100 years of combined trucking litigation experience
In collisions with large commercial trucks, occupants of passenger vehicles are often left with serious injuries. If you or a loved one has suffered injuries in a truck accident, contact the Chicago attorneys at Clifford Law Offices for a free case evaluation. Our decades of experience, in-depth knowledge of personal injury laws, and commitment to our clients mean we will fight for fair compensation for your serious injury or wrongful death claim. In fact, other law firms send clients to us for the most complex truck accident cases because they trust our counsel.
The attorney's extensive trial practice experience has resulted in noteworthy cases and settlements. Here are a few:
- $51M - Settlement on behalf of a baby who sustained brain damage at birth.
- $34.75M - Plaintiff’s purchased Proline Casement windows which were defectively designed, leading to premature rotting of the windows.
- $22.9M - Child sustained permanent brain injury due to lack of oxygen to his organs during labor and delivery. A brain MRI demonstrated evidence of a severe profound perinatal hypoxic-ischemic brain injury. He was diagnosed with spastic cerebral palsy, has global disabilities including the inability to walk, motor and speech delays and cognitive impairment.
- $22.7M - A 31-year-old man killed when a speeding driver with drugs in his system rear-ended him in a construction zone.
- $20M - Infant boy suffered severe and permanent brain damage due to negligent obstetrical care during labor. Resulting in neurological injury including motor deficits, inability to speak, seizures, and cognitive delays.
- $18.5M - Clifford Law Offices represented two plaintiffs who were injured during an explosion in Jefferson County, Kentucky. Both were burned while separating train cars that had derailed two days prior to the incident.
- $17M - A verdict was awarded to three plaintiffs who suffered multiple physical, mental and emotional injuries when an Amtrak train, traveling at an excessive speed, derailed onto Interstate 5 in Tacoma, Washington.
- $10.7M - A 41-year-old woman experiencing a sudden onset of chest pain, suffered a permanent brain injury due to failure to timely recognize the signs and symptoms for a ruptured aortic aneurysm, failure to promptly and accurately interpret a chest CT angiogram, and failure to timely perform emergent cardiothoracic surgery.
A Top Illinois Personal Injury Law Firm
Get Your FREE Consultation Now!
"(required)" indicates required fields
Clients in situations just like yours have come to us from the throughout the nation because when you hire us:
- You always have an experienced lawyer on your case.
- You always have an experienced lawyer on your case. Our extensive experience in all kinds of personal injury and wrongful death cases means that we are prepared for all types of situations. We know how to address your case as efficiently as possible and how to maximize the compensation you receive.
- You are treated like family.
- When you retain our services, you become a member of the Clifford Law family. We will fight for you just like we would for our own spouses, children and other family members.
- You receive responsive communication.
- We reply as soon as possible to all calls, emails and other correspondence, and we will take the time to answer any questions that you have.
- Your case will be taken seriously.
- We are well-known by opposing attorneys, who understand that Clifford Law is committed to holding wrongdoers accountable for their actions.
- Your case is in the hands of a firm other lawyers trust.
- Other attorneys routinely send their most complex cases to us, and our peers know us as a trusted resource. When you work with us, you are working with the law firm that other lawyers trust with their most complicated issues.
About Clifford Law Offices
Since 1984, Clifford Law Offices has been dedicated to serving the needs of clients in the Chicago area and throughout the nation. Today, we are one of the premier law firms in Chicagoland and are known nationally for our success in complicated legal matters.
If we take your case, you pay us nothing and you will never write us a check; we pay all expenses upfront and we only collect if we successfully recover compensation for you.
If you would like us to assess your case and help you understand how our services can benefit your claim, please reach out to us online or call us at (312) 899-9090.
Clifford Law Offices is a nationally recognized law firm based in Chicago, Illinois. We have successfully resolved hundreds of cases across a variety of practice areas in our 30-plus years of experience. Our lawyers have obtained more than $3 billion in damages on behalf of their clients. In a truck accident claim, injuries are often catastrophic, which means damages could stretch into the hundreds of thousands of dollars to pay for your medical care, lost wages, and other issues.
If you need a personal injury lawyer or someone you love was injured or killed as a result of someone else, please consult with Clifford Law Offices by calling us at (800) 899-0410 or (312) 899-9090. Our firm has the resources and experience to navigate the complex process in fighting for you and your family involving injuries or death.
Investigators Need to Find Out if 72-Car Pileup in Downstate Illinois Could Have Been Avoided if Motor Vehicle Laws Were Followed
As the investigation continues on a two-mile stretch of highway in downstate Illinois, it makes one pause to think if the 72-car pileup should have even happened at all. The Federal Motor Vehicle Carrier Administration and the Department of Transportation expect trucking companies and motor carriers to practice defensive driving – an industry term to mean exercising caution in emergency situations and refraining from operating 80,000-pound tractor-trailers when visibility conditions dictate otherwise.
“Driving a tractor-trailer with little to no visibility is reckless and wanton conduct that can place other motorists in the worst possible scenario – the death and injuries of innocent people,” said Robert A. Clifford, founder and senior partner at Clifford Law Offices in Chicago. “This terrible tragedy needs to be thoroughly examined so those whose lives have been forever changed have answers.”
Six people have been reported dead and at least 30 more were injured when Interstate 55, outside of Springfield, Illinois, experienced what state police described as zero-visibility on the road for about a two-mile stretch around 11 a.m. Monday, May 1, 2023, when a “dust-out” storm occurred.
Federal motor vehicle laws governing truck drivers require that truck drivers pull over in such conditions. The FMVCA rules state, “If conditions become sufficiently dangerous, operations must immediately be discontinued until the vehicle can again be safely operated.”
Instead, it was reported that semi-trucks carrying heavy loads, and perhaps hazardous materials, crashed into helpless others. “It was very dangerous – the drivers couldn’t see. Truck drivers know that it takes a long time to stop their heavy vehicles when traveling on highways at higher speeds, and if they strike something, the other person doesn’t have a chance,” Clifford said. “Drivers, particularly truck drivers, cannot be in a hurry. In situations like this, safety must take precedence over everything else.”
In the pile-up on I-55 near the state’s capital of Springfield, six people are now dead. Dozens of others are critically injured ranging in age from 2 to 80 years old, including some who had to be airlifted to hospitals. Several tractor-trailers turned over and others burned out on the highway. I-55 reopened Tuesday morning as police continue to examine what happened in this horrible wreckage.
This “dust-out” is very similar to a winter “white-out” when responsible drivers pull off the road and seek shelter to avoid tragedies like this that can be caused by zero-visibility conditions. The incident brings back horrible memories of a family whose car was crushed in a pile-up on I-90 near Rockford, Illinois, during a white-out snowstorm. The Yoder’s car was crushed. Their four-year-old daughter in the back seat was killed and their little two-year-old boy suffered permanent brain damage that required round-the-clock care for the rest of his life. The mom suffered severe skull and facial injuries requiring 31 surgeries. Of course, that family was devastated. Kevin Durkin, partner at Clifford Law Offices, obtained a record $38.3 million verdict in 2004 on their behalf.
Robert A. Clifford
Tracy A. Brammeir
Richard F. Burke
Susan A. Capra
Jack J. Casciato
Bradley M. Cosgrove
Kevin P. Durkin
Keith A. Hebeisen
Sarah F. King
Yvette C. Loizen
Shannon M. Mcnulty
Pamala S. Menaker
Joseph T. Murphy
James C. Pullos
Kristopher S. Riddle
Hon. Henry R. Simmons (Ret.)
Craig J. Squillace
Robert P. Walsh
Our Practice Areas
- Aviation Accidents
- Aviation Accident Information
- Commercial Airline Disasters
- Small Plane Crashes
- Helicopter Crashes
- Injury Overview
- Bicycle Crashes
- Brain Injuries
- Boat Accidents
- Burn Injuries
- Explosions & Fire Injuries
- Gas Explosions
- Grain Bin Explosions
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Sexual Harassment
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Workplace Discrimination
- Wrongful Death
- Other Personal Injury
CONSUMER LITIGATION & CLASS ACTIONS
- Class Actions
- Advocate Medical
- Pella Windows
- Unfair or Unexplained Denial of Claims
- Talc & Talc Powder
DANGEROUS PROPERTY & PRODUCTS
- Dangerous Property & Products
- Product Liability
- Amusement Park Accidents
- Automobile Defects
- Bridge Collapses
- Child Day Care Injuries
- Dangerous Toys & Playpens
- Elevator Accidents
- Negligent Security
- Pelvic Mesh
- Premises Liability
- Slip-and-Fall Injuries
- Sports & Recreation
- Stairwell/Stairway/Uneven Steps Falls
- Stryker Hip Implants
- Swimming Pools
- Unsafe Household Products
- Medical Malpractice
- Anesthesia Errors
- Birth Injuries
- Brachial Plexus Injury
- Cancer Misdiagnosis
- Cerebral Palsy
- Defective Medical Devices
- Erb’s Palsy
- Eye Injuries
- HAI Infections
- Medication Errors
- Surgical Errors
- Construction Accidents
- Crane Accidents
- Scaffolding Accidents
MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENTS
- Autonomous Vehicle Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Drunk Driving/Dram Shop
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Negligent Truck Maintenance
- Rideshare Accidents
- Rollover Accidents
- School Bus Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Transportation Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Underride Accidents
As Seen In