Award-Winning Medical Malpractice Attorneys
Medical malpractice is a form of medical negligence by a health care provider who fails to adhere to the accepted standards of practice that results in death or injury to the patient. Doctors, nurses, technicians, pathologists, hospitals, nursing home facilities, and any person that provides medical care can be professionally negligent.
We are award-winning Chicago medical malpractice attorneys dedicated to holding individuals and institutions in the medical field accountable for their medical negligence. In November 2019, a team of Clifford Law Offices lawyers specializing in medical malpractice obtained a record $101 million verdict on behalf of a baby who was brain damaged at birth at West Suburban Medical Center in Oak Park. See below for more of our results for medical malpractice cases.
If you believe you’ve suffered from medical malpractice or medical negligence, talk with us. We will investigate the situation, look for signs of negligence or misconduct connected to your case, and file a medical malpractice claim against the appropriate party/parties.
Medical Malpractice Case Results
We’ve recovered over $3 billion for our medical negligence and medical malpractice clients and have dozens of more case results. Here are a few examples of some of the medical malpractice results we have obtained on behalf of our clients:
- $22.9 million: A newborn sustained brain injuries because of delayed C-section.
- $16 million: A newborn suffered brain damage when hospital personnel failed to perform a timely C-section.
- $15.5 million: A 33-year-old woman died after a cesarean section from massive bleeding due to physician negligence.
- $14 million: A doctor's negligent prescription of birth control pills caused a stroke and severe brain injury.
- $13.5 million: An infant suffered brain damage in a hospital as the result of an improperly mixed intravenous solution.
- $12 million: A failure to diagnose pancreatic cancer resulted in death.
- $12 million: The delayed/negligent diagnosis of a woman with a brain aneurysm caused irreversible, severe brain damage.
- $8.5 million: Negligent anesthesia care during a shoulder surgery led to the death of an adult.
Examples of Medical Malpractice
Medical malpractice can take a couple of different forms:
- Health care practitioner negligence. All health care providers have a duty to adequately care for patients. This duty is broad and includes making accurate diagnoses, providing timely treatment and obtaining informed consent before undertaking proper treatment.
- Hospital negligence. Sometimes it is not a specific practitioner who causes patient injuries, but the way the hospital operates. Improper or non-existent protocols, lack of proper employee training and preventable miscommunications could all be grounds for suing a hospital for medical malpractice.
Birth Injuries: A Devastating Form of Medical Malpractice
Birth injuries are their own special area of medical malpractice. Medical negligence that happens before, during, or after the birth of a child can be devastating for the entire family — and life-threatening for the mother and baby. Birth injuries can be both short- and long-term, and include Cerebral palsy, Erb’s palsy. Brachial plexus, birth hypoxia, forceps injuries, and breech birth complications. Failure to recognize fetal distress or other procedural errors can also lead to serious birth injuries.
If you are debating suing a hospital because of a birth injury you suspect to be a case of medical negligence, we strongly recommend you speak with one of our experienced birth injury attorneys.
Causes of Medical Malpractice
Some specific examples of medical malpractice can include (but are not limited to):
- Equipment failure or defective medical devices
- Improper treatment of the patient
- Delayed diagnosis of a condition
- Failure to diagnose a condition
- Surgical errors
A Top Chicago Law Firm
Get Your FREE Consultation Now!
Why Clifford Law Offices
Our firm is routinely ranked as one of the top Chicago law firms, and our attorneys have the experience to protect your interest and help you seek fair compensation for your injuries or the loss of a loved one.
Clients in situations just like yours have come to us from the Chicagoland area and throughout the nation for medical malpractice representation because when you hire us:
- You always have an experienced lawyer on your case.
- Our extensive experience in all kinds of personal injury and wrongful death cases means that we are prepared for all types of situations. We know how to address your case as efficiently as possible and how to maximize the compensation you receive.
- You are treated like family.
- When you retain our services, you become a member of the Clifford Law family. We will fight for you just like we would for our own spouses, children and other family members.
- You receive responsive communication.
- We reply as soon as possible to all calls, emails and other correspondence, and we will take the time to answer any questions that you have.
- Your case will be taken seriously.
- We are well-known by opposing attorneys who understand that Clifford Law is committed to holding wrongdoers accountable for their actions.
- Your case is in the hands of a firm that other lawyers trust.
- Other attorneys routinely send their most complex cases to us, and our peers know us as a trusted resource. When you work with us, you are working with the law firm that other lawyers trust with their most complicated issues.
Medical Malpractice Attorneys You Can Trust
Medical malpractice attorneys at Clifford Law Offices are committed to upholding the rights of clients we believe to be the victims of someone else’s medical negligence.
Collectively, our attorneys have decades of experience both in and out of the medical field. Robert A. Clifford and Keith A. Hebeisen, partners and medical negligence attorneys at the firm, have written extensively on this subject and were among those in the forefront of the fight on behalf of patients’ rights to a trial by jury. Susan A. Capra, meanwhile, has an extensive background working as a nurse with infants and children with serious neurological conditions and disabilities. Her nursing background has been a tremendous asset in her work as a medical negligence attorney.
We handle all forms of medical malpractice claims, including those involving:
- Birth injuries
- Eye injuries
- Failure to diagnose
- Delayed diagnosis
- Surgical errors
- Medication injury
- Failure to treat
If you would like us to assess your case and help you understand how our services can benefit your claim, contact us online or call 800-396-1786.
Robert A. Clifford
Richard_ F. Burke
Susan A. Capra
Jack J. Casciato
Bradley M. Cosgrove
Sean P. Driscoll
Kevin P. Durkin
Keith A. Hebeisen
Sarah F. King
Shannon M. Mcnulty
Pamala S. Menaker
James C. Pullos
Hon. Henry R. Simmons (Ret.)
Craig J. Squillace
Robert P. Walsh
As Seen In