Award-Winning Medical Malpractice Attorneys
Medical malpractice is professional negligence by a health care provider who fails to adhere to the accepted standards of practice that results in death or injury. Doctors, nurses, technicians, pathologists, hospitals, nursing home facilities, and any person that provides medical care can be professionally negligent.
We are award-winning Chicago medical malpractice attorneys dedicated to holding individuals and institutions in the medical field accountable for their negligence. In November 2019, a team of Clifford Law Offices medical malpractice lawyers obtained a record $101 million verdict on behalf of a baby who was brain damaged at birth at West Suburban Medical Center in Oak Park. See below for more of our results.
If you believe you’ve suffered from medical malpractice, talk with us. We will investigate the situation, look for signs of negligence or misconduct connected to your case, and file a medical malpractice claim against the appropriate party/parties.
Medical Malpractice Case Results
We’ve recovered over $3 billion and have dozens and dozens of more case results. Here are a few examples of some of the medical malpractice results we have obtained on behalf of our clients:
- $22.9 million: Newborn sustains brain injuries because of delayed C-section
- $16 million: Newborn suffers brain damage when hospital personnel fail to perform a timely C-section
- $15.5 million: A 33-year-old woman dies after a cesarean section due to massive bleeding due to physician negligence
- $14 million: Doctor's negligent prescription of birth control pills caused a stroke and severe brain injury
- $13.5 million: Infant suffers brain damage in hospital as a result of an improperly mixed intravenous solution
- $12 million: Failure to diagnosis pancreatic cancer resulting in death
- $12 million: Negligent diagnosis of a woman who presented with brain aneurysm. Delayed diagnosis caused irreversible, severe brain damage
- $8.5: Death of adult due to negligent anesthesia care during shoulder surgery
Examples of Medical Malpractice
Common examples of medical negligence are:
- Health care practitioner negligence. All health care providers have a duty to adequately care for patients. This duty is broad and includes making accurate diagnoses, providing timely treatment and obtaining informed consent before undertaking proper treatment.
- Hospital negligence. Sometimes it is not a specific practitioner who causes patient injuries, but the way the hospital operates. Improper or non-existent protocols, lack of proper employee training and preventable miscommunications.
We handle all forms of medical malpractice claims, including those involving:
- Birth injuries
- Eye injuries
- Failure to diagnose
- Delayed diagnosis
- Surgical errors
- Medication injury
- Failure to treat
A Top Chicago Law Firm
Get Your FREE Consultation Now!
Why Clifford Law Offices
Our firm is routinely ranked as one of the top Chicago law firms, and our attorneys have the experience to protect your interest and help you seek fair compensation for your injuries or the loss of a loved one.
Clients in situations just like yours have come to us from the Chicagoland area and throughout the nation for medical malpractice representation because when you hire us:
- You always have an experienced lawyer on your case.
- You always have an experienced lawyer on your case. Our extensive experience in all kinds of personal injury and wrongful death cases means that we are prepared for all types of situations. We know how to address your case as efficiently as possible and how to maximize the compensation you receive.
- You are treated like family.
- When you retain our services, you become a member of the Clifford Law family. We will fight for you just like we would for our own spouses, children and other family members.
- You receive responsive communication.
- We reply as soon as possible to all calls, emails and other correspondence, and we will take the time to answer any questions that you have.
- Your case will be taken seriously.
- We are well-known by opposing attorneys, who understand that Clifford Law is committed to holding wrongdoers accountable for their actions.
- Your case is in the hands of a firm other lawyer’s trust.
- Other attorneys routinely send their most complex cases to us, and our peers know us as a trusted resource. When you work with us, you are working with the law firm that other lawyers trust with their most complicated issues.
If you would like us to assess your case and help you understand how our services can benefit your claim, contact us online or call 800-396-1786.